Welcome to Michael Purcell & Son, Solicitors. Established in 1850, our team of Michael F. Purcell, Frank Purcell B.A., LLB, Jack Purcell BCL & Michael G. Purcell B.A., LLB and staff are ready to offer you practical legal advice in the following areas in a friendly & professional environment. We represent both 4th and 5th generations of the family to practice in the firm. We would genuinely welcome the opportunity to meet with you to discuss our services & to assist you in whatever way possible.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Conveyancing, (House Purchase or Sale), Transfers, Buying & Selling of Farms & Businesses
- Wills and Probate
- Litigation (all District Court Work), Personal Injuries, Criminal & Commercial
- Commercial Transactions
- Debt Collection – Judgments, Instalment Orders, Creditors & Debtors
- Landlord & Tenant, Leases, Rent Reviews, Residential & Commercial
- Family Law, Divorce, Separation, Custody, Access & Maintenance
- Employment Law (Employers & Employees), Employment Appeals Tribunal, Rights Commissioner & Labour Court
- Company Law
- Social Welfare Appeals
There is ample parking towards the rear of our building and free public parking approximately 100 metres away in front of Dunnes Stores. We are located on the Northern side of the Main Street on the right hand side as you approach from Cork between the first set of traffic lights and the Post Office.
The Firm was originally established by Michael O`Connell in 1850 who employed his wife’s nephew Michael Purcell as an apprentice who then subsequently succeeded to the practice in 1887. In 1933 his son Frank Purcell qualified and renamed the firm Michael Purcell & Son and took over the practice. On Frank Purcell’s death in 1954 he was succeeded by his wife Teresa P. Purcell who qualified in 1939 and ran the practice until 1974 but continued to practice as a Solicitor until 2003. Her son Michael F. Purcell qualified in 1963 and took over the practice in 1974 ran the practice as the Managing Partner until 2015 was joined during this period by three of his sons Frank Purcell who qualified in 2001, Jack Purcell who qualified in 2002 and Michael G. Purcell who qualified in 2007. Michael F. Purcell remains as a Consultant in the firm. The practice has been operating from its current premises at 33 Main Street Macroom since 1974.